Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Review: Re: Monarch

Title: Monarch: A Prince Out of Time: A Progression Fantasy Epic (RE: Monarch Book 1)


https://www.amazon.com/Monarch-Prince-Time-Progression-Fantasy-ebook/dp/B09PQGG7VV/

Author:  J. McCoy, Eligos

Rating: 2/5

Comments:  I had to really think about why I didn't like this story.  It has a reasonably interesting premise, it has a flawed protagonist who grows, and good side characters.  All of those *should* make it a great story.  But it didn't, at least not for me.  Mal on my Discord loves it.  I have decided that it comes back to agency and stakes.  The protagonist is at the whim of this time loop curse and just when you think he may accomplish something, he gets gacked and sent back to some random point.  So he has limited agency, and a I figure it's only a matter of time until he starts resetting himself like Tom Cruise did in Edge of Tomorrow.

Bedroom Activities: FTB

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author Interview: Cebelius

Cebelius was interviewed by Tess Irondale, and I can't say I'm very familiar with Tess but she does a great job with the interview, ...