Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Review: Ice and Monsters

Title: Ice and Monsters (The Lost Book 1)


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NLB3HJ8

Author: Peter Nealen

Rating: 3.7/5

Comments: This is a bit like an Isekai for a Marine recon platoon crossed with an HP Lovecraft horror story.  Peter Nealen is known for writing realistic and gritty stories and this is is first foray (that I've read) into a fantastic setting.

It's dark and gritty.  For the bulk of the story it's unrelieved darkness and grit. I almost dropped it because I want some kind of hope for the protagonist. Hope shows up eventually, but I think it could have done it a little quicker.

I like Peter's stuff, but I am not sure about reading book 2.

Bedroom Activities: None

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...