Friday, March 25, 2022

Review: There's a hole in my bucket

Title: There's a Hole in my Bucket: A Journey of Two Brothers


Author: Royd Tolkien

Rating: 4.5/5

Comments: This might be the first non-fiction book I've put up here, but hey I read it, it's going up here and if it's not to your taste, carry on.

Mike and Royd are the great-grandson's of JRR Tolkien, and Royd recounts what life was like for them when Mike developed ALS, aka Lou Gehrig's disease, aka Motor Neuron Disease.  It mainly deals with Mike's bucket list which he bequeaths to his brother to do after he passes. Some of the stories are touching, some are funny, a few are horrifying and they are all told out of order, but it all works.  It conveys in the events of the narrative just how much Royd loved his brother in a way that mere words would fail.  I'm not going to even slightly deny that I read this because I am a huge Middle-Earth nerd.  His great-grandsons are not paragons of virtue, but they are genuine, and relatable and I am glad I read/listened to it.

So if you have a wild hair to try something different give this a try.

Bedroom Activities: FTB

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...