Thursday, December 2, 2021

Review: Wyrmshard: A LitRPG Adventure (Savage Dominion Book 2)

Title: Wyrmshard: A LitRPG Adventure (Savage Dominion Book 2)


Author: Luke Chmilenko, G.D Penman

Rating: 2.5/5

Comments: Ok, so I almost didn't write this, but I feel like I have to give the bad with the good.  I really liked book 1, and I thought the characterizations were good, I thought the characters played a smart game.  I don't know what happened with book 2.  I got to about 40% into it, and it just wasn't any fun.  I could see the "twist" at the end coming (independently verified by a 3rd party) and if there's one thing that will put me off a story it's the protagonists being willfully stupid.  If your average 11 year old can see that you're screwing up, there's no excuse for it unless the protagonist is stupid.  Our heroes in this book are not stupid, so why are they acting like it? 

Anyway this was a big DNF for me, and I hope this isn't a trend for books from this group.  I've seen some early chapters of Iron Prince and those are everything I would have hoped for.

So RIP Maulkin, I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually, but I doubt I'll read it.

Bedroom Activities: FTB

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...