Friday, April 12, 2024

Review: Undying Legion 1

Title: Invisible War: A Military Sci-Fi Series (The Undying Legion Book 1)



https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQ6BH6BD/

Author: Joe Kassabian

Rating: 2.9/3

Comments: I had intended to give this the "it doesn't suck" 3.5 rating, but the more I thought about it, it kind of does suck.  Protagonist that (at least initially) has no redeeming characteristics, check.  Multiple dystopian civilization, check.  After finishing it, I can't really think of anything in the story that I can say I liked.  Maybe the fact that the protagonist loved his wife, that I can find to be redeeming. Even that however is shallow and self-serving and has no lasting effects.  

Anyway there's zero chance I'm going to read book 2.  If you really like futuristic dystopias and want to see the dark ending of our social media obsessed culture, maybe give it a look.  From a mil-sci-fi standpoint there are tons of examples that are infinitely better.

Bedroom Activities: FTB

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author Interview: Cebelius

Cebelius was interviewed by Tess Irondale, and I can't say I'm very familiar with Tess but she does a great job with the interview, ...