Friday, April 5, 2024

Review: The Dwarves of Ice-Cloak Book 2

Title: The Mouth of Fire (The Dwarves of Ice-Cloak Book 2)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BY5VH3ZZ/

Author: A. Trae McMaken 

Rating: 4/5

Comments: After the emotional gut punch at the end of book 1, I was apprehensive to start book 2 because I wasn't sure what I was getting into.  There's a big time skip between the books, but you get that fed to you slowly.  The Mouth of Fire is a good story, but there was a lot of thinking "This is a mistake" and "Oh don't do that".  I had to eat it in small doses.  It was worth the time, but it's not a "light" story and I honestly needed to shift to something lighter after finishing it.  It's really quite remarkable how McMaken has managed to create a culture that feels "real".  That's one of the things that I find most interesting about this series.

Bedroom Activities: N/A

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author Interview: Cebelius

Cebelius was interviewed by Tess Irondale, and I can't say I'm very familiar with Tess but she does a great job with the interview, ...