Sunday, January 14, 2024

Review: The Crippled King

Title: The Crippled King (The Dwarves of Ice-Cloak Book 1)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BKH4MNCT/

Author: A. Trae McMaken 

Rating: 4.5/5

Comments: This was a Facebook ad and as with most, I approached it with some measure of cynicism, but a dwarf protagonist is always a draw for me, so I grabbed it.

Honestly it's one of the most well developed presentations of a culture I've seen recently.  The dwarves do things differently than humans.  They have different norms, and goals.  It's pretty fascinating.

Maybe this is appropriate, or perhaps ironic, but the story takes a while to get rolling.  I was close to dropping it at a couple points.  I'm glad I didn't because the story just keeps gaining momentum and the ending just clobbers you.


Bedroom Activities: None

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...