Friday, November 3, 2023

Review: Fire and Song (Sequel to Iron Prince)

Title: Fire and Song (Warformed: Stormweaver Book 2)
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Song-Warformed-Stormweaver-Book-ebook/dp/B0CBT183CY/

Author: Bryce O'Connor

Rating: 4.9/5

Comments:  Iron Prince is really a great book.  I won't say one of my all time favorites, but that's more a factor of 40+ years of reading than anything else.  I really think Iron Prince was one of the reasons CBR got started.

I mean I really like Iron Prince, it has one of my rare Hall of Fame tags. (Review: https://curmudgeon-book-reviews.blogspot.com/2020/11/review-iron-prince.html)

Because I liked it so much I downloaded Fire and Song with no small amount of anxiety.  After all it had been THREE years since I stayed up until 4:30 reading Iron Prince.

Bryce really knocked it out of the park with Fire and Song.  I won't say I don't have my quibbles with it, and wouldn't change a single word, but the story is strong, flows just as well as book one, and has it's moments of emotional impact.  His rabid fan base on Reddit apparently was able to push it all the way to #3 overall on the sales list for Amazon on release.  That's astounding.

Well done Bryce, please don't let us suffer for another 3 years.

Bedroom Activities: FTB

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...