Thursday, October 19, 2023

Series Review: Trader's Tales

Title: Trader's Tales from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper (6 book series)


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074C72691

Author: Nathan Lowell

Rating: Average 4.5/5

Comments:    I'm wrapping this series of updates with the series that I enjoyed the most during the last 6 weeks.

This is a 6 book series and I blasted through them in less than two weeks.  It's possible that they engaged with me so well because I was playing Starfield at the same time, but I don't think that's really it.  I think it definitely fit with my Starfield playing, but there were a couple of other sci-fi series that I started about the same time that did not hold my interest.

This is not an action series, but despite that, it has enough dramatic tension and character development to hold your attention.

Not all books in the series are created equally.  The first 3 are essentially one arc and are pretty tightly tied together.  The second 3 are another arc, but are not as tightly bound.  Book 4 is the darkest of the  series, and some members of my Discord are vocally negative about it.  Book 6 has some of the hardest emotional hits, but they are well done.

I'm about to dive into the sequel series, but I have to finish redoing Iron Prince so I'm ready when the sequel drops on the 31st (THREE YEARS after the first book).

Bedroom Activities: FTB

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...