Monday, December 14, 2020

Review: Ascend Online 2 - Hell to Pay

Title:  Ascend Online 2: Hell to Pay

 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/d/B072HLLTF6/

 

Author: Luke Chmilenko

Rating:  4/5

Comments: 

UPDATE April 2021:  Luke has redone the order of the books on Amazon.  What was book 3 is now book 2, and this book is listed as a "side story".  I think this will be a much better way to present it.

I read this immediately after Ascend Online, and didn’t look at the description close enough.  This is not actually a continuation of the story from book 1, it’s a totally separate book set in the same game world.  He says this in the blurb, which I did not read until after I finished the book.  The actual story from book one isn’t continued until book 3, but I suspect (having not read it yet) that there will be a link between the two storylines at some point.

 

So story-wise this is completely different from book one, but it’s a good story.  The downside is it restarted the story, it didn’t continue it, so I’m not sure if I’m going to grab book 3.  For lack of a better phrase, the momentum is gone, so I don’t know if I’ll bother.  This should have been put out under a different title or something.  It shouldn’t be called book 2.

 

Bedroom Activities:   None

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...