Sunday, July 17, 2022

Review: That was Now, This is Then

Title: That was Now, This is Then (Temporal Displacement Series Book 2)




Author: Michael Z. Williamson

Rating: 4.5/5

Comments:  This is a rare book indeed for my blog, being both traditionally published, and coming seven and a half years after the original (A Long Time Until Now).  Unexpectedly the author responded to my comment expressing surprise at its arrival with the explanation that he had been embroiled with a divorce, moving, new relationships, and attendant drama.  I won't say it was worth the wait, but I'm not sorry I read it.

This is essentially military sci-fi with time travel and a touch of isekai.  Where Williamson really shines is his ability to present military operations in a way that's interesting and create characters that you connect with, even the ones you don't necessarily like.   Anyway, it sucked me in, and made me read the whole 700 pages in 2 days, which is fairly remarkable.  If you like mil-scifi, I highly recommend pretty much anything he has written.

Bedroom Activities: Explicit, very limited

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/ Author: David North Rating: 3.5/5 Comment...