Author: Jez Cajiao
Rating: 4/5
Comments: I met Jez at LitRPG Con and he seems like a good guy, and they said his stuff was "dark" so of course I had to check it out. Allegedly his other series are darker, which is good because either my frame of reference seriously out of whack, or this isn't that dark.
Anyway, this book (and at least the first few sequels) are pretty decent. The characters are believable and relatable. If there was one thing I would say is a negative, and which is why I have taken a break from the series, it is that the action is too unrelenting. There are long stretches where there is nothing but constant life or death danger, which means it eventually loses its tension and becomes tedious and tiresome.
I will be going back to it and I expect it will improve.
Bedroom Activities: FTB
================================
FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:
Post a Comment