Friday, May 17, 2024

Review: Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7

Title: World Seal (Guardian of Aster Fall Book 7)


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG15JTYB/

Author: David North

Rating: 3.5/5

Comments: I have been having issues with this series since book 4, when the family aspect began to dwindle away, and at this point the family gets mentioned maybe a double handful of times per book.  Characters that we expected to have a significant role in the overall story in early books don't even get mentioned. Meanwhile Sam is routinely punching above his weight class, despite there being an extremely limited number of beings that are actually higher tier than him.

And then we have the navel gazing.  It's gotten worse.  I was regularly skipping paragraphs, and significant chunks of pages.

At this point I'm invested in this story and I will probably finish the story, but I don't find it nearly as satisfying as the early books.

Bedroom Activities: None

================================

FTB/Explicit/None – Fade to black bedroom activities vs “Onscreen” vs No activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Memorium: The best man I've ever known

So last Saturday I went to a gaming event with my best friend.  I've known this man for 34 years.  He was the best man at my wedding, an...